Tuesday, September 22, 2009

The Running of the Bulls

Today was a BIG day.  I mean, today was epic.  First of all...I used the potty today.  Seriously people.  I wore big girl Elmo pants and everything!  We had a HUGE celebration at our house that included waking daddy up 30 minutes earlier than usual and some serious jumping up and down time!!!  Really, I was that good!!!
THEN mommy asked if I wanted to go see some animals today.  I said, "MOOOOO COWS."  Mommy took that as a yes and so me and daddy and mommy got ready and headed to Me's Zoo.  I had no idea there was a zoo close to my home, but there is!  Unfortunately it will be closing at the end of this week, but mommy and daddy wanted to be sure that I got a chance to see it.
I LOVED IT!  My favorite animals had to be the goats and the peacocks.  First of all, I did an awesome job with the little goats.  We went in the fence with them and I watched mommy feed them.  They jumped up on her so she was afraid I would be too scared to move around.  HOWEVER, I showed her by taking some corn of my own and feeding one.  Then I walked all around and spent some time petting them!
Next we saw the monkeys.  They were so funny.  They were climbing everywhere and I got to feed them peanuts.  I made sure I gave ALL of them some peanuts!  The bears were big!  I gave them peanuts, too.  They were fascinating, but not nearly as much as the Gibbon (aka swinging monkey).  He grabbed my attention because he looked like he was having so much fun swinging from a rope!  
Next we saw llamas.  Mommy fed them, but for some reason they were scared of me.  It think maybe I made a little too much noise.  I did try to climb the fence to get closer, but they didn't want to hang out very long!  The tiger was lazy.  He just layed there...even when I told him to get up!  Then came more of my favorites....MORE GOATS!  
These goats had horns so I couldn't walk in the fence with them, but we did feed them.  They were awesome and they loved me.  I ran on the outside of the fence and they followed me.  Now, I know some people dig the running of the bulls in Spain...but I am telling you that the running of the goats was quite exhilarating!  I LOVED IT!  I would say, "Come On Goats!"  And they listened to me!!!
We saw cows and a lion and 2 white tigers (who were much more interesting than the regular tiger because they were walking around).  I saw deer and elk and lemurs and cougars and a panther.  I saw peacocks and they were beautiful.  I really liked their feathers (so I fed them, too).  I saw buffalo and sheep and ducks and a swan (more feeding).  I saw an ostrich and I looked really hard for the kangaroo but he was sleeping in his house and wouldn't wake up!!!  I saw a funny looking sheep from Africa and I can't even remember what he was called, but he followed me around, too.  
It was just the most fun.  Lots of animals, lots of hand sanitizer and lots of walking.  Daddy even got to be on the television for a little bit.  He did an interview with some people from Ball State about how sad it is that the zoo is closing.  Hopefully I see him on the 5 o clock news or something.
The morning wore me out, so I came home, took a nap and then headed to Grandma Doris and Grandpa Max's house.  I had lots of fun playing with Pa, Grandma & Grandpa, and Uncle Jimmy.  Levi didn't come tonight because I guess he wasn't feeling well today, but I still had a good time.  I even helped Grandma with the raspberry pie.  YUMMY!  It was GOOD!
I am definitely ready for bed tonight.  What a BIG DAY!!!  I will definitely have pictures for you to see tomorrow....not of me using the potty, but of the fun times I had at the zoo!!!  Our camera battery died, but I'll get it all fixed up for tomorrow!

No comments: