Monday, October 5, 2009

My Vocab is Not All that is Growing

I just love getting up in the morning. I love it because every day I am amazing my mommy with new sayings, I am experiencing new things, I am seeing stuff I've never seen before, and mixed into all of that, I have those routines that give me comfort and make me feel good!
First of all, I cracked my mommy up tonight when she said, "Come on, Lynley. I am shutting the light off and closing the door so we need to leave." I looked at her and said, "I don't mind," and I kept right on playing. I had to say it 3 times because mommy thought she heard it wrong the first time. I was just trying to tell her that I didn't mind if she shut off the light and closed the door...I could still play in the water, even in the dark!
This past weekend was great. Friday I spent the day with my posse (Evan and Levi). We had a great day. Me and Levi even wrote in pen on the door while mommy was feeding Evan. I got in a little bit of trouble for that, but mommy got the Magic Eraser and got it right off with some elbow grease! We built towers, we ran through the house playing hide and go seek, we made food in my kitchen, we made a tent and crawled through it. We just had a great day!
The fun didn't end with the day because Friday night I got to go spend the night with Grandma Donna and Grandpa Dave. I had a great time and Saturday morning we went somewhere I'd never been before!
We parked the car and got on a bus. I told mommy it was an orange bus. The bus took us to a place where there were lots of people walking around and then some big booms. (At least that is the version I told mommy.) It was actually the reenactment of the Battle of Mississinewa. There were people dressed like they dressed in 1812 and they looked a little funny. There were drums (as I reported to mommy). I had a great time! When mommy picked me up in the afternoon I was taking a little nap in Grandma Donna's car. I was worn out!
Mommy and I went to the mall and I rode the train and Garfield. I did a wonderful job walking with mommy and holding her hand. I also didn't pitch any fits when it was time to leave. I was rather impressed with myself!
Then we met Grandma and Pa and went to a place called the Chocolate Moose. It was in a different town and it was a place to eat. I ate such a great dinner there. I had pulled pork, some chicken, a few french fries and some strawberry ice cream. I also got my own little ice cream cone that was just my size. I was such a good girl at the restaurant that I amazed my family!
By the time we got back to my town I was really tired! Mommy and I came home and I got a quick bath. I had to get to bed fairly quickly because Sunday is always a big day.
I slept really well and then got up and ready for church. I told mommy that I had to potty when I woke up and she ran me into the bathroom. I used the big girl potty again! Then I got dressed and headed to church. My class was so fun. I only got upset once because Karen wanted to change my diaper and I just didn't have time to stop playing! Everything else was great! There were NINE of us in my class this week so I was super busy playing with everybody.
Lunch was at Carlos O'Kellys...my favorite...and I ate a whole pizza and my jello! I also had a couple of chips with salsa. I took a great nap in the afternoon and had to have mommy wake me up when it was time to go back to church.
Aunt Clata watched me in the nursery with my friends at night. She brought us pink marshmallows to eat and they were so good!! I played and played until Pa came to pick me up and tell me it was time to leave. We met mommy at the doors and headed out to get some dinner. I had refused to wear shoes back to church at night so we got food from a drive thru and ate it at home!
Today has also been a great day. I went to Granny's house for Monday with the family. I played with Levi and Evan and even my cousin Mason for a few minutes. I haven't seen him in a while, so it took us a few minutes to get used to each other...but I tried to show him the ropes before I had to leave. Aunt Ruthie brought donuts for breakfast and they were so good! Aunt Clata made vegetable soup for lunch and it was also great. I filled in the cracks of my stomach with cookies, ice cream and marshmallows (yes, my mommy lets me eat whatever on Mondays...it is my one day to really splurge).
I came home, had a nap and have been hanging out with mommy ever since. Daddy had to work this weekend and today so I haven't seem him a bunch...but I did get to wake him up this morning. Tonight I am wearing big girl panties and I have told mommy I had to go to the bathroom 2 times...and I went both times!!! Grown ups are really funny because every time I use the bathroom my mommy claps and goes nuts. REALLY IT ISN'T THAT BIG OF A DEAL...I've been doing it since I was born, but for some reason I hit the toilet and people cheer!!! Easily amused, I guess!
So I am eating the rest of my dinner and then I think I'll watch Bolt (one of my new favorite movies) and head to bed. Tomorrow my cousins come over so I want to be ready for a full day of playing!

No comments: