Thursday, July 8, 2010

4th of July Weekend




Hi everybody! I hope you all had a good 4th weekend. Mine was great! As usual, we spent several days celebrating. That seems to be how we do most holidays! Friday night I spent the night with Grandpa Dave and Grandma Donna. We had a great time together and I especially enjoyed going on an adventure with Grandpa Dave on Saturday morning.
Then we met mommy and daddy at Grandpa Si's house Saturday afternoon for a cookout! I had a great time running around in the big yard. Uncle Adam got me some sparklers that I got to play with after my delicious dinner! (I had corn on the cob and I love that stuff.) My parents were a little worried about the sprinklers, so Uncle Adam hooked them on the end of a long stick so I wouldn't get burned. It was a great idea and I had a blast. He also let me have some "poppers" to throw on the ground and they popped really loud. AND Grandpa Si let me go for a ride on his a.t.v.
Sunday we went to church and then I rode with Grandma and Pa to get a snack. I got my very own BIG cup from the VP that I get to put Koolaid in! Eventually we headed over to Grandma and Grandpa Filler's house for another cookout!! All my cousins were there (except for Evan, who was sick). I had so much fun playing with everyone. Me and Levi and Luke especially liked playing with cars on the ramp in the back porch.
Sunday night I got to go to Kidz Zone at church! That is really for the big kids, but mommy let me go because my class didn't meet. It was really fun. We sang songs and colored and I even helped during snack time by mixing some ingredients and saying the prayer!
We didn't go to fireworks Sunday night. It had been a very long day and my rash was out quite a bit because I had been so sweaty during the day. So we decided to go home, play in the water outside for a little bit to cool off, and then head to bed.
I am glad we did that because Monday morning, very early, we went over to Grandma and Pa's house. Daddy, Uncle Jeffy, Pa and Uncle Lawrence worked on my Pa's roof that day. I stayed inside so my rash would be okay and I wouldn't get hurt, but I sure played hard. I went to Granny's house for ANOTHER BIG MEAL at lunch and I played with more cousins!!
After lunch, Aunt Clata said we could go to the kitchen and make "fireworks in a bowl!" She had some recipes that my cousin, Anna, sent her from North Carolina. So we made fireworks in a bowl and had a GREAT TIME doing it!
I spent the evening at Grandma and Pa's house until the guys were done working. By the end of the day, we were all tired and ready for a good "nap." (I call every time I sleep nap time, no matter what time of day or night it is.)
It was a great weekend and, to top it off, I got to talk to my friend Carol who was way over in Washington! She said to take some pictures of my 4th of July, so that is what we did!

No comments: