Saturday, May 30, 2009

Animals! Animals!!

What could possibly make an energetic young lady look like this?

Her First Ever Trip to the ZOO!!!! Me and mommy and daddy got Concannon's donuts and hit the road early this morning. We traveled to Indianapolis to see all the animals. I wasn't quite sure what to expect, but it was a blast!!! I want to share some pictures with you, but I can't share them all because we took about 200 of them!!!!!!!!!! (Watch your mail Carol, I'm sending you some!!!)

So here goes!



Me and daddy and mommy checked out the penguins for quite awhile! We actually went to see the penguins two times during the day because I liked them so much!



I LOVED the fish!!! I even saw some sharks so close up that I could touch them!!! I didn't want to, but mommy did. I just watched them really closely.


It was a very warm day so I got to play in the SPLASH PARK!!! Mommy was SMART and brought me extra clothes and shoes to wear after I was finished!! I started out barely touching the water but by the end I was RUNNING THROUGH THE SPRINKLERS!



I also rode a train and a merry-go-round. I got to ride that 3 or 4 times throughout the day!


We saw so many animals and, of course, I found time to be silly!

OH, I loved the dolphins. We got to watch a show when the dolphis jumped and jumped out of the water! They played ball with people and they danced to music!! It was one of my favorite parts of the day!


I LOVED THE GIRAFFES!!! I have never seen them so close! I get to see them on Madagascar all the time, but this was so very cool. We watched them for a very long time!!!

Uh...did you see my neat back pack? I got to wear it most of the day. It has my buddy dog on it and mommy felt safer with me close by instead of running fast and far away from her!!!



This is actually something called a walrus, BUT I enjoyed calling it a water Cow!


I told you I LOVED those PENGUINS!!!

People, I had a fabulous day! I can't even hardly sum it up for you. My parents were SOOOO impressed because I was good ALL DAY and I even sat through the whole dolphin show! We saw what seemed like hundreds of different kinds of animals!!! My least favorite were the snakes and the lion (cause he was LAZY and didn't do anything). My favorites were ANYTHING in water (polar bear, seals, "water cow", penguins, dolphins, sharks, fish, etc.) and the giraffes!!! I did think the monkeys were interesting and I enjoyed watching a mommy and daddy monkey play with a baby monkey. The elephants were pretty neat, but they were really far away and the the two that I saw up close were getting ready to take a bath...and I wanted to jump in their water with them!!! The dragons didn't do a whole lot for me, but there were so many PEOPLE around them that I could hardly get a good look. The butterfly room was something spectacular but I was quite tired by the time we got there so I was content letting daddy carry me around and point out where the butterflies were! Oh it was just a great day! I HIGHLY RECOMMEND EVERYONE GOING TO THE ZOO!

1 comment:

Carol's Corner said...

Lynley, I can't wait to get the pictures. The ones on this blog are so great. I also love the zoo but haven't been for years. Looks like you had a very special day with mommy and daddy, you are making memories and this blog is great because 20 years from now you can go back and read it and you'll reaize what a wonderful childhood you had.
*Hugs*