Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Fun to be Had, Even with Rain





There is never a dull moment in my little life! This week is going so fast and I have been BUSY! Well, first off, I haven't felt 100% (until this morning)...but I've still had quite the schedule. Sunday night I went to visit my Grandma and Grandpa Penticuff. They had just gotten back from seeing my Aunt Emily get married. I was sure glad to see them and I showed them all my pictures from the zoo. I also got to see pictures from their trip. They stayed on a BIG BOAT for a whole week after the wedding.
I started feeling a little icky Sunday night and my parents thought I probably just needed a good night of rest after a big weekend. When I woke up Monday morning we headed to Granny Conner's house. I was super excited because we were going to see granny's new furniture. It sure was pretty and I LOVED to sit and look out the window in the couch.
We had SO MUCH COMPANY over there!!! We saw Aunt Ruthie, Aunt Clata & Uncle Bob, Grandma brought Levi and Gwen and Caroline and Annie, and my cousins Lori and Lindsay came, too! It was a packed house and after some Tylenol I did a pretty good job of keeping everyone entertained. I sure didn't want to sit down and relax, even though mommy thought it might be a good idea. I also started saying, "HD," which is the name of Uncle Patrick's cat.
We came home and mommy wanted me to take a nap. I didn't take a very long one because I was just too restless. So mommy let me get up and go play with Aunt Clata and Uncle Bob at their house while she went to watch daddy play softball. They didn't have me go because the weather radar looked a bit crazy.
I had fun with Clata and Bob. We took a walk and met a dog at some friends house. We played inside after it started raining. Before I knew it, mommy and daddy were back from the games and it was time to go home.
Monday night was a bit rough. I was up a lot of the night and so me and mommy rocked and rocked in the chair until I finally just couldn't hold my eyes open. I sure hoped I would feel better Tuesday.
Tuesday morning mommy called the doctor after we took Tabatha to school. She says she can tell when I really feel bad because I get dark circles around my eyes. Well evidently I had them and I REALLY did not want to go to the doctor...so by the afternoon I was putting on a good show. Me and mommy just hung around the house and took a couple of walks. I ate a REALLY good lunch and then took a 3 hour nap.
After my nap, mommy said we were going to visit with Evan and Levi and do something special! We drove to Middletown (where they live) and they piled me and Levi in one stroller and then put Evan in another stroller. Me and mommy and daddy and Lawrence and Sara and Levi and Evan all walked for a little bit to get to Sara's friends house! And when we got there we saw Grandma and Grandpa! They had chairs sitting out for us.
I watched the road and the adults watched the sky. Before I knew it, a parade started. There were lots of kids in it and lots of fire trucks and lots of CANDY! You would not believe all the people who threw suckers to me!! There were lots of balloons and even some horses! I really started getting into it when mommy told daddy to take me and RUN! I had no why, until I felt the rain drops!
Daddy ran me to grandma and pa's car and then somebody ran Levi to the car and then grandma and pa were in the car!!! We found our way back to Lawrence and Sara's house and I noticed that Sara's mommy and daddy had Evan in THEIR car so he wouldn't get wet either. Mommy and daddy were no where to be found for a long time. Eventually they showed up DRENCHED with Uncle Lawrence and Aunt Sara. All I can say is I am GLAD I am a kid because we got to wait it out in the car while the parents had to figure out other transportation!!! (I think I heard that Uncle Lawrence RAN 2 blocks to his house to get the car for everybody else!)
Man it was some seriously fun commotion!!! The good news is that we got to see some of the parade before the storms came AND we got to play in the rain a little bit AND then we were safe and sound in the house!!
I came home and went straight to bed and slept REALLY WELL!!! This morning I fell back to normal so far and I am just playing and remembering all the fun I have been having so far this summer! I can't wait to see what comes next!!!

No comments: