Saturday, June 27, 2009

Road Trip


This has been a great weekend so far! Yesterday (Friday) started out like usual. I started with breakfast, playing, etc. I even took my nap right on schedule. However, when I woke up from my nap things got a little crazy!
Daddy, mommy and me got in our car and headed out of town. We met up with Grandma and Pa and just when I thought everybody was together and ready for an adventure, Lawrence, Sara, Levi and Evan pulled up in another car! I was so excited to see my cousin and I couldn't believe it when mommy said we were going to go on a trip together!
We started down the highway and my parents were very pleasantly surprised by me being in such a good mood. I generally loathe being in the car for more than 15 minutes, but I had a great time with mommy and daddy. We sang songs, we clapped, we talked and I played with some toys that mommy brought for me. Before I knew it we were stopping for dinner!
Our dinner break was good. We had McDonalds and the adults let me and Levi run around just a bit before we got back in the car. For the next leg of the trip me and Levi got to ride with Pa and Grandma! We had a great time together. We talked, we played, we laughed. Time seemed to fly...even when we got in a little traffic jam. We got to cross a BIG BRIDGE and we got to see BIG AIRPLANES!
Then came a big first for me (at least first that I can remember)!! I got to stay in a big hotel! My parents were a bit nervous at first, but we had a blast. The whole family went to find our rooms and Levi and I thought the long hallways would be great to run down!! We stretched our legs from the big trip and then headed down to the indoor pool!
Oh man, swimming was great! There were lots of kids splashing in the pool and me and Levi had a great time. Grandma and Pa even got in the water with us! We splashed and watched Pa blow bubbles. This hotel even had a grassy area by the pool where I could run around to expel some of my energy!
After swimming I knew it was probably getting close to time for bed! We all went back upstairs on the elevator and headed to our rooms. I got all dried off and into a warm pair of pajamas. I had my own bed to sleep in, but I thought I needed to play just a little bit before trying it out. I went to visit Grandma and Pa's bed. Me and grandma watched a little bit of Madagascar and I made sure the bed they were staying in was comfortable by jumping on it. I was LOVING EVERY MINUTE OF THE HOTEL!
Mommy told me it was time for bed and I began to get angry, but it was only half-hearted! Once I saw everybody else was going to bed I thought it was an okay idea. I laid down and talked to myself for about an hour. I wasn't positive, but I think my parents were laughing at me a few times while they pretended to sleep!
This morning I got up and got ready quickly. I was so excited that I got to see Pa and Grandma first thing in the morning! We went down to have breakfast with everybody. Me and Levi had some great Fruit Loops and blueberries. I tried a couple of potatoes, but the Fruit Loops were definitely my favorite! I ate a bunch and then waited for all the grown ups to finish.
Back in the car we went! This time we weren't in there long before it was time to get out, ride another elevator and then end up at the Newport Aquarium!
It was a really neat place! There were all kinds of fish to look at! There were sharks and turtles and seahorses and stingrays and otters and frogs and birds and jellyfish! I got to wear my pink backpack and wander around looking at all the different animals! I am not sure if my favorite part was the sharks that went over my head or the penguins! It was a toss up, but the whole thing was great fun! Mommy's favorite part was when daddy bought nectar for me to feed to the birds. He brought it in and, before he could give it to me, 7 birds landed on his arms and shoulder and started eating!!! Mommy thought it was very funny because they wouldn't leave him! THEN A BIRD LANDED ON MY SHOULDER!!! I was okay with it until the thing started flapping its wings and I could feel them on my head! Then I was a bit disturbed. He wouldn't move!! Grandma later told me that he was just trying to give me a kiss, but at the time I wasn't sure what was happening! I didn't really like that part.
After we left the aquarium we watched a canoe race on the river. It was exciting for a few minutes and then I noticed there were skateboarders! They were exciting for a few minutes until I remembered that there was a mist tent! I played in the tent and let the water cool me off!
Lunch was super fun, too! We stopped at Longhorn Steakhouse and I got to sit right underneath a cow! It was huge and I really wanted to pet it, but the family didn't think that was a good idea. I ate like a big girl. That was the theme of this weekend. I slept in the bed like a big girl, I acted like a big girl in the aquarium and I ate lunch like a big girl. OH, AND I CERTAINLY ATE THE DESSERT LIKE A BIG GIRL!!! YUMMY!
I rode with mommy and daddy for a bit on the way home. I fell asleep as soon as we pulled out of the parking lot and didn't budge until we stopped an hour later at an Amish store. The store was okay, but the outside was AWESOME! There was a little waterfall and pond that I really liked! I also liked trying out the hammock and the swings!!! And I decided that for the rest of the trip I would ride with grandma and pa!
Before I knew it I was back in my hometown and it was time to go home. I said bye to grandma and pa and then we headed home. I was glad to be home and even more glad when mommy let me put on a bathing suit and play in the water! I had a blast and I even sprayed mommy and daddy with the hose!
After lots of play time I took a bath and then had dinner. I hung out with my parents for a little bit and then headed to bed! I had a great time on our trip and I hear I get to take another trip next weekend! Have I mentioned before that I LOVE SUMMER TIME?!?!?!

1 comment:

Carol's Corner said...

I loved reading about your road trip. Your becoming a world traveler, or at least an Indiana traveler. My favorite picture was you looking up at the cow on the wall as if to say "what in the heck are you doing up there". I am many many moons older then you but I've never seen a cow on the wall.
Looking forward to reading about more of your summer adventures.