Sunday, June 28, 2009

Shenanigans

What a day I have had! Really, one day I may write a book on how to be 'ornery' and how to be a 'little stinker', but still remain cute enough that nobody really minds! One thing I am convinced of is that I could make millions! Mommy was looking for a good word to describe some of the things that I do and she came up with 'shenanigans'. Now, being 22 months old, I wasn't really sure quite what that meant so I checked it out. I discovered it is anything that is wild or over the top or something that is considered crazy. Hmmm....maybe she did hit the nail on the head with that one.
Anyway, I had a great morning at church. My teacher always has stories for my mommy and daddy about what I do in my class. One of these days I may just have to tell her to keep them to herself, but so far I am just too darn cute for anybody to get really mad at! This morning my friend Hadley and I were given graham crackers, one for each of us. Karen (our teacher) turned her head for just a minute and I made a move to take Hadley's cracker. Well Hadley didn't really like that and she said so! Karen turned around and noticed that I had two graham crackers...when I had only one a few seconds earlier. She asked me if I had Hadley's cookie. I said, "Lynley's" (and of course I pointed to mine...which already had a bite taken out of it). Then Karen pointed to the other cookie and asked, "Is that Hadley's cookie?" I had a quick thought...and before I could think twice I took a bite of the the other cookie and said, "Lynley's!" In case you aren't as quick thinking as I am...basically I realized that if I took a bite out of both of them then they must BOTH be mine!
So church was great and then we left and headed over to my Great Grandpa and Great Grandma Sorrell's house. I couldn't believe it when we pulled in the drive because I saw Grandma Donna's car! I was really excited to see my family. I immediately went to one of the bedrooms and got Grandma Sorrell's guitar! Now this is a real one, so I had to have a bit of help getting it on, but I played a mean tune for everybody. I was seriously excited and proud of myself as I strummed the strings! I think I might have a future in the biz, people!
So I played some music, sang and danced and kept everyone entertained while Grandma Donna made lunch. Actually, I kept everyone entertained while we ate and after we ate, too! And I got to help Grandma Donna do dishes. It was so fun and daddy video taped it because he says one day I won't like doing dishes and he'll have to show me the movie of me WANTING to help with dishes! I also kept my whole family on their toes by trying to put on Grandma Sorrell's lipstick, trying to get into the bathroom (where we all know I enjoy flushing the toilet repeatedly) and trying to play golf with Grandpa Sorrell's golf club! Not to mention I thoroughly enjoyed seeing my family's reaction when I decided to eat taco salad straight from the serving bowl....huge serving spoons and all! (Again, though, I am so daggone cute that people laughed and then Grandpa Sorrell gave me ice cream!!)
Then it was time to go home for a quick nap! I slept pretty well and got up ready to head back to church. I had a great time tonight telling my teachers that I was going to tell on them to "Pa" or "Mama" whenever they told me no. For some reason, they laughed at this and still stood firm in their NO! I also thought I was getting by with something great when Miss Heather noticed that I was hiding in a corner taking a drink from a cup. She asked me if the cup was mine and of COURSE I said, "yep." (Between you and me, I had never seen the cup before but it sure was pretty with princesses on it and whatever was inside was good!! I just pretended that I had never seen my real cup before in my life and continued to drink from the pretty cup!) It would have been perfect...till mommy picked me up and Miss Heather asked about the cup! Can you say, "BUSTED?!?"
Oh well, all was well because I got to go into the sanctuary after church and sing in the microphone for about 10 minutes! Then I went to Wendy's with mommy and daddy and Grandma and Pa and Jeffy and Lesa and Tabatha (who I lovingly call Taba). I had some chicken and french fries, I laughed a bunch, I got to ride in Jeffy's jeep to my house, and then I went to bed!
Really people...I am not sure if shenanigans is the right word for the funny stuff that I do...but I do know that you spell "entertainment" like this, "L-Y-N-L-E-Y!"

No comments: