Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Tuesday with Friends


I'm not sure one can have a better day than I had today! I got up early and hung out with mommy for a while. We had a nice time having breakfast and playing. Then my friend Lizzy came over to spend time with me while mommy went to an appointment. I always have fun with Lizzy and today we went on a walk. I love to be out and about checking out all that is going on! That is one of my favorite things to do these days, so I had a blast!
When mommy got home it was time to head back home and start getting ready for the rest of the day. Tuesday means that I have to help mommy clean up my toys and get ready for the girls to come over at night. "The Girls" usually means mommy's friends and that is what I thought it meant today. However, I discovered that today 'the girls' meant my friends: Annie, Caroline and Gwen!
I don't know if I've told you much about these girls, but let me just share with you right now that I really have a good time with them! They are the girls that my Grandma Filler watches while their parents are working sometimes. Well since it is summer time I get to see them more and it makes me very happy! I love to dance around with them and watch them build towers with blocks so I can knock them down and I even like to listen to them read me books!
Mommy told me they were coming and I could hardly wait! I stood at the door waiting and greeted them with big smiles and lots of jumping around. We played and played for about an hour until it was time for them to go see their mommy and also time for my nap!
My nap was shorter than usual. I think I was just too excited to sleep after a morning with all kinds of friends. When I got up I immediately started getting ready to go to Grandma Doris and Grandpa Max's house. Pa came to pick me up and off we went. I got to see SO MANY MORE PEOPLE! Grandma Doris and Grandpa Max and Uncle Jimmy and Shadow and Pa and Uncle Lawrence and Levi and Evan and daddy all played with me and we ate dinner and we ran around the backyard and we played some more! Oh it was so much fun!
We played until time to go home. And I know you think the fun stopped there, but there were people here when I got home! Mommy's friends were still here so I got to put on a little show for them (and eat a couple of the cookies that they had). I did not stop until almost everybody had gone home and it was creeping dangerously close to my bedtime! With just a little resistance I headed to my room, cleaned up and changed into pj's, and headed to bed. This was a really great day.

No comments: