Sunday, February 22, 2009

What the World Needs






























What everyone needs is to have a weekend like I've just had. Relaxation, fun, good food, family & friends. Really, it was beyond fabulous! I am sorry to see it end, but I'm hopeful that this week will be just as wonderful.
Saturday morning I hung out with Grandma Penticuff while my parents went to the basketball games at church. We visited with my Great-Grandparents (Sorrells), we went to pick out a new pair of tennis shoes for me, and we played at my house. It was a great morning, even with the weather being so cold and yucky!
When mommy and daddy got home I showed them my shoes and I was super excited that daddy was home! He had the whole weekend off and we had some great quality time together. We went on lots of walks and played when mommy made dinners and laughed a whole bunch. I took a micro-nap. That is what mommy has decided to call the very short naps that I have decided to take the last few days. I yawn and rub my eyes but when my parents put me in bed I talk to myself, yell at them and carry on and THEN sleep for a few minutes and THEN get back up!
Saturday night I had a great surprise. Uncle Lawrence and Aunts Sara were in town and so we ALL got to go out to dinner together. Me, Levi, Lawrence, Sara, Pa, Grandma, Mommy and Daddy went to Carlos O'Kelly's where we dined on chips, french fries, chicken and ketchup! Well, that is what me and Levi ate, I have no idea what the grown ups ate. We were very entertaining to everybody around and had a great, great time! We all sat in a big booth so me and my cousin got to climb ALL OVER the place in our little corner of the restaurant.
Today was just fabulous. I got up, put on a new dress and headed to the church. It wasn't too long after I got there that my buddies from the nursery arrived and it was play time. I had to take off my shoes because it was just a little annoying to try and run in dress shoes! I played and played and passed out sippy cups to all my friends. I read books and ate cheerios, put together a puzzle and became fascinated by baby Hunter.
After church we came home and had a great lunch that mommy made. I ate very well and then my parents played with me until nap time. Another micro-nap for me and then it was time to get up and head back to church. More playing and then, before I knew it, it was time to come home again. Daddy went back to work and me and mommy played, ate dinner, and watched a little bit of the Amazing Race together. I was pretty tuckered out by bed time. No complaints from me when mommy said it was time for bed. I curled right up, gave momma a smile and headed to dream land.
What a WONDERFUL WEEKEND!

No comments: