Friday, December 18, 2009

Christmas Break

Christmas break has officially begun at the Douglas place. Daddy finished working Wednesday night and Thursday morning we went to the annual faculity/staff breakfast at his work. It was so much fun! Not only did daddy's bosses make us breakfast, but I got to play with my pal Sophie (who I usually only see at the Academy shindigs). We gave lots of hugs to each other and ran all around the lounge. We also made a new friend named Jack. He is an older fella, he is almost 6 years old! He played pool with me and he let me and Sophie chase him around. I took a few small breaks to eat blueberries, but most of the time I was playing and entertaining the adults.
So at the end of breakfast all the "Academy Babies" as we are so lovingly called were supposed to get our pictures taken. Have you ever seen somebody try to get 7 toddlers to sit for a picture?? Well it seemed like really hard work! Mommy and Lizzy laughed, daddy tried to get us to laugh, and Vickie handled the camera. It was CRAZY, but we had a good time. Vickie even let me use the camera to take a picture of mommy & daddy!
Eventually we left and I headed out to see my doctor. We just wanted to make sure my cough that has been hanging on for five weeks is not a big deal. The doctor gave me some medicine, but said that everything looked really good. So I am now going to take some medicine to help me not cough throughout the night. I took it before nap time yesterday and it really helped me sleep.
Last night our friend Lizzy came over for dinner. We had a really great time. I ate a little bit and did lots of playing. I went to bed, even though I kind of felt like the party was just starting when it was time to lay down!!
Today has been great, too! It has been pretty relaxed. We haven't had to do a TON...and we've just been hanging out together. We dropped off some mail at the post office, we saw grandma and pa at the church for alittle bit while mommy worked, and we picked up the last Christmas present on our list.
Tonight I think I will help mommy make dinner and then we'll watch my Tinkerbell movie and play with my trains. I might even go put on my pj's while we lounge around. I'm sure resting up is a good idea because I know next week will be a busy one!

No comments: