Friday, January 15, 2010

Still Pretending















We're still pretending that it is my Christmas Holiday, so that makes today December 25th. What a great time I had!! When I woke up in the morning (not until after 8:00am), my mom and dad both came to get me out of bed. They informed me that Santa had indeed been to our living room and I had lots to see! I went into the living room and found that not only Santa had visited, but Patrick, Granny, Grandma and Pa were all waiting on me!
Mommy gave me my stocking and it took a good 10 minutes for me to get through it. I still like to open one thing, play and then continue with the next present. After my stocking I started opening my presents. I know you won't believe me when I tell you that it took 2 hours to get through my presents, but it did! Each gift needed equal play time, and I even decided to play with some older toys so they wouldn't get jealous.
The grown ups decided to eat breakfast right in the middle of the festivities to give me some play time and I even snacked on a couple of donuts. I opened so many things!!! I got a Clifford dog and a dvd, mega blocks, a magna doodle, Little People toys, a Hannah Montana guitar (and I am awesome on that thing), bells, panties, THOMAS THE TRAIN STUFF, and SO MUCH MORE!!! Every thing was wonderful, but one wonderful thing was the PINK STAGE my pa and grandma made for me. See, I love to stand on anything that is raised up and sing my heart out. So grandma and pa made me a stage that fits in my living room so I can sing all the time!!! I put on a couple of concerts before everybody left and I think we all enjoyed it.
Eventually grandma and pa and Patrick and granny all had to leave. I got to play with my toys a little more and lounge around. We all got ready and headed to my Aunt Debbie and Uncle Greg's house for the Sorrell Christmas. I ate some wonderful chips and dip and cheese and hung out with the family. AND I got MORE PRESENTS! I was a bit overwhelmed with how many gifts I'd opened already, so I took my time once again....Open gift, run into the kitchen, play with my cousin Alex, come back and open a gift. This is how my routine went.
We stayed as long as we could and then mommy packed up my new baby, tent, movies and other goodies so we could drive across town for the Filler Christmas. Once there I ate some ham and chocolate cake and then geared up for some more gifts. Me and Levi played with our toys together and we also played with our cousins, Luke and Michael. Evan was getting passed around to all the adults and I made sure to talk to him lots so he didn't feel left out.
By the end of the evening I was pooped out, and I think mommy and daddy were, too! We said our goodbyes to Grandma and Grandpa Filler, Jimmy, my aunts and uncles and grandma and pa and then we headed home! I really wanted to stay up and play with my toys...but my eyelids wouldn't stay open and I knew that we had one more day of Christmas to look forward to!
Before we went to bed I had a snack and we sat at the table and talked about Mary, Joseph and Baby Jesus...who I sometimes confuse with Baby Evan! We all wanted to make sure to remember that Christmas time is so much fun, but it about WAY MORE than gifts!!! It is really about Baby Jesus being born. So we talked, ate, and then headed to bed feeling loved and blessed!

1 comment:

Carol's Corner said...

What a wonderful Christmas you had, and what a lucky little girl you are to have so many people that love you.You are truly blessed.
xoxo