Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Christmas in January?













Well this post will end my catch up sessions on my wonderful Christmas. Life is crazy in the Douglas house and when we aren't so busy I can't blog, we're trying to avoid the computer or I just plain forget!

December 26th was another great day. When I woke up, daddy put me in my boots and coat and just let me keep my pajamas on. I was really excited about that, and after 3 stops to go to the bathroom, we landed at Grandpa Dave and Grandma Donna's house. The whole family was there (Grandpa Dave, Grandma Donna, Aunt Emily, Uncle Tim, Uncle Adam and Christy) and I filled them in on my life. I ran around a bit, chased Grandpa Dave and then sat down to have breakfast with the family. We had Cinnamon rolls and breakfast casserole and it was really good! I finished much faster than everyone else, so I jumped down from my seat and began entertaining myself.

Eventually everyone finished with breakfast and I found out that Santa had left a stocking for me in Marion! I don't know how he knew I would get there, but I've learned that Santa is one smart guy!! So I got to open my stocking and play with lots of fun things! I got some bubbles, a Dora Watch, and all kinds of great toys! I played with each of them while the grown ups opened their stockings.

I was really happy and couldn't even believe it when I found out that it was time to open presents AGAIN! I decided that taking my time was the best way to go, so I opened one...played a bunch...opened another one....played a bunch...etc. I was super excited to see that I got a pink microphone that matches my pink stage perfectly! I got a McDonalds Cash register! I got a barbie, that I lovingly call "darby" and I got a pink camera to take my very own pictures!! I got 2 percussion sets, which have been great because me and Levi have started our own band!! I even got a learning board with a clock on it!!! I got so many great things that I can't even remember them all right now! I spent the rest of the morning/early afternoon playing with my family.

When it was time to leave we got in the car and I asked one of my favorite questions, "Where I going, mommy?" And she told me we were going to Pa and Grandma's house! Can you believe it? MORE TIME WITH MY AWESOME FAMILY! So we drove back home and I was so excited about everything that I didn't even take a nap in the car!

I was so excited when we arrived at Pa's house and the lights were on outside the house! I love seeing Tiger and Winnie the Pooh in their trains, the candy that lights up the sidewalk and all the pretty lights on the house. And then when I got inside the excitement kept building because my cousins were already there!!

We played and played and stopped only to eat some dinner. We had a great meal and even greater desserts!!! Pa made us some cookies that were delicious! THEN mommy said it was time to open MORE PRESENTS! I know what you are thinking...you are thinking that I don't need any more presents for a very long time! You are RIGHT, but I am sure enjoying playing with all that I have!!

We opened our presents and then it was serious PLAY TIME! Me and Levi got THOMAS tracks and trains that we had to play with. I also got my very own GARFIELD movie to take home!! It is so exciting to wake up now and be able to watch Garfield whenever I want to!! I got a dress up outfit that has wings just like Tinkerbell, too! It would take all day to tell you all the presents I got...so I will just tell you that I am one blessed and loved little girl! Me and my cousins and family played until it was late and time to go home and head to bed! I was ONE TIRED TODDLER!

I know it took forever to tell you about Christmas, and I know I didn't do it justice because I only have a few minutes to write each entry on my blog, but the important thing I want you to know is that I had a WONDERFULLY AMAZING TIME with my family over the whole Christmas break! I know I am VERY LOVED, VERY BLESSED and VERY HAPPY!

I hope all of you had a good Christmas, too. And...Carol, I think next year you should come to the Conner Christmas! Just an idea!!!

1 comment:

Carol's Corner said...

I was thinking as I was reading this how great it will be when your older and you can re-read your blog. I know you'll enjoy it as much as I do. Can't wait to see a video of you and Levi playing in your band. xoxo