Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Lynley's Nine Innings of Opening Day

Inning #1
Grandpa and I played baseball (I like to call it football) in the hotel to get us ready for the big game. People, we are professionals...I wouldn't try this in YOUR hotel rooms!




Inning #2
I have no pictures to show you of this...but the second inning was me in the big hotel bed. I started in Grandma Donna's, then went over to mommy and daddy's room and ended up in bed with mommy. Believe me when I say that I KNOW HOW TO USE EVERY INCH OF A QUEEN SIZE BED! I don't discriminate and was EVERYWHERE throughout the night.


Inning #3
Opening Day Parade! I enjoyed the view from daddy's shoulders. We saw the most outrageous things! I loved the bands. I loved the giant pig and Burger King french fries. I loved the horses. I loved the dogs. I loved the dancers and the pom poms. And I loved the Census Princess. It is just like Grandpa Dave says, "Where else can you see the Census Princess?"


Inning #4
The walk from the parade to the ball park was my 4th inning. Really, it was more work on the adults than it was on me. I continued to enjoy the ride on daddy's shoulders. And when he needed a break, Grandpa Dave graciously let me ride his shoulders. I heard the trip was quite the work out, but for me it was a great time of people watching, sipping water and feeling the breeze.


Inning #5
Bounce, Bounce Bounce! I am positive by next year I will be able to climb the rope to the big slide, too!




Inning #6
Is there any place in the world that has better food than the ball park? I think not!

SEVENTH INNING STRETCH................


Inning # 8

MY FAN FINGER!!!!!



Inning #9
Headed back to the big blue bus that would deliver us to our car. Happy, Satisfied and riding on daddy!


Just a couple of notes on the day: I had such a wonderful time! I ate at Walt's Hitching Post for the very first time. I had the world's craziest waitress and managed to be fabulous despite a very early morning and only a 30 minute nap! This was my first hotel stay without a crib! I really enjoyed having rooms that joined together so I could hang out with mommy and daddy and Grandpa Dave and Grandma Donna all at the same time. By 11:30pm I finally called it a night and settled on a bed.
I woke up at 7:30am asking mommy if it was morning time yet. When she said yes I had to go check and make sure it was morning time in Grandpa Dave and Grandma Donna's room, too. We got ready, we ate breakfast, we rode a big bus across the bridge. I saw the parade. I made it through all 9 innings in the stands (with the exception of one walk with Grandma Donna because it was very, very hot and we needed some shade). I made new friends by chatting with the people behind us. I did a great job in the car and entertained everyone.
It was truly a great first opening day for me!

1 comment:

Carol's Corner said...

Opening day.....what's better then that? You are wearing the jersey of one of my favorite players..Ken Griffey Jr. He plays for my favorite team the Seattle Mariners, I rarely miss a game. Looks like you had a great time.