Friday, November 7, 2008

I Like Big Cups and I Cannot Lie





























Well do I have so much to tell you. Let me apologize now for the length of this post...it has been a while. First, let me tell you that I have a few new tricks up my sleeves. My most favorite (and my mommy's least favorite) is my ability to climb up the high chair and stand in it! I was stopped 3 times today from completing my task to get all the way inside the chair, only once did I make it because mom left the room for 15 seconds. I am also growling like a cheetah when I don't quite get my way. Sometimes I throw a smile in with it...sometimes I throw a little tantrum in with it. And let me not forget that I LOVE to drink out of big people's cups. This isn't exactly new, but I am getting better at it every day!! I LIKE BIG CUPS!
I have had a good week. It was topped off today with a trip to the doctors office for my 15 month check up. We learned a few things about me. I am now 23 pounds!!! That is right people, I am eating like a champ. I gained 3 lbs. in 3 months! I am 31 inches long and my head is just the perfect size. We also found out that I have an ear infection!!! Nobody could tell because I don't pull at my ears, but Dr. Byrne says it looks like the fluid is starting to get cloudy, probably because my sinuses are going NUTS and have been for 3 weeks. SOOOO, I have some new medicine that I have to take 2 times a day. It doesn't taste bad, though. ALSO, I got 3 shots! You would not have believed it. I didn't even cry for the first 2 and I barely cried for the last one. I stopped as soon as mommy picked me up. She was proud of me and I was proud of her because she held me down all by herself and didn't shed a tear. I think that was really all from the doc's office. He told mommy that she should IGNORE ME when I throw tantrums! HA HA, he has never seen me throw one!!! I am pretty amazing and demand an audience!
I got to spend time with lots of my family this week. We went to Grandpa and Grandma Penticuff's on Wednesday, did some shopping and had a great dinner. I ate so much that my pants barely fit when we left! My favorite was the corn, it was GREAT. Then Thursday I got to spend the evening with Levi and Aunt Sara and Uncle Lawrence and Grandma and Grandpa Filler and mommy. I played and played until I was so tired I couldn't stand it. Then tonight mommy made a roast and so we asked grandma and grandpa to come over and have dinner. I also got to see my Granny Conner for a little bit Thursday AND my great-grandma and great-grandpa Filler for a little bit on Tuesday! OH and I can't forget that I spent time with Aunt Clata and Uncle Bob on Tuesday while daddy took mommy to the doctor for some tests. Seriously, I saw LOTS of family (but not nearly all of them..I have such a big, wonderful family).
I've decided I'm not a fan of daylight savings time. It has totally messed up my schedule that I treasure so much (as do my parents)! I am getting up really early in the morning, which means mommy has to get up even earlier to get herself ready for the day. My naps are shorter than usual...I don't know what is up with that. HOWEVER, thank goodness I am still getting my beauty rest at night.
I could go on and on...but I'll give your eyes a little break! Until tomorrow, enjoy the pictures!

1 comment:

Carol's Corner said...

I swear you are the busiest little girl I've ever seen. I loved all the new pictures. You are growing up so fast Lynley. I'm sending a hug your way....