Saturday, November 1, 2008

My Tired Dogs!

I learned tonight that not only are the 4 legged creatures that try to lick my face called dogs, but so are my tiny, perfect feet. And let me share with you that MY DOGS ARE TIRED! It was a glorious day, thanks in part to the weather and thanks in part to my family who knows I need to move at all times!
Again, my day started off normal and I like normal. I wasn't really feeling toast for breakfast, so I dumped it on the floor and played instead. Thank goodness my aunt gave me some new breakfast bars in my trick-or-treat bag last night because I got to try a new flavor and it made me very happy, indeed!
I had to get dressed earlier than usual and found out it was because me and mommy were heading to the store. Now, this isn't the trip where we get to look at lots of fun stuff, this is the trip where we have to get food for the next couple of weeks. Mommy really hates this trip and generally likes it when daddy can go with us...he keeps us laughing. However, he was working and we just couldn't put it off any longer! So we headed to Wal-Mart and she complained half the way there about how it would be crowded and we'd have to park in Anderson just to get in the store and how the lines would take an hour.
Well we got there and we DIDN'T have to park far away and it didn't look very crowded, so I must say it was a fairly pleasant trip. I got to pick out some of the fruit and I got to eat cookies for most of the trip so I was happy and that made mommy happy! I got to walk to and from the car and that was a nice morning work out!
After the store it was time for lunch. I ate well and was so glad we'd gone to the store because that meant all my favorites were on my plate!! I took a quick nap and then mommy said we could go outside! Thank goodness for this weather! I didn't even have to wear a coat. Mommy showed me where to walk and before I knew it, we were in front of Burris where there were lots of kids (well, big kids) and loud music. Mommy explained it was the carnival for daddy's work and that we could go wherever I wanted! I walked around for 45 minutes before deciding to take a little break and let mommy carry me. We got to see daddy for a little bit, too! I also saw some college kids playing volleyball and I walked right up to them and said, "BALL," as loud as possible. They stopped their game and let me play pass with them for a little bit!
Mommy made me stop much too soon and so I told her who was boss. She still didn't let me play, but my grandma and grandpa walked up and so I was happy. We walked around some more and then headed to grandpa's car. We left and I thought we were just going to grandpa's house. BUT I was so surprised when we went to the park. It was a new park that I'd never been to before and it was so fun. There were lots of slides and swings and a tire swing that I really enjoyed. There was also a steering wheel that I played with. I had a great time there! I walked and walked some more!
THEN, just when I thought there couldn't be anything else fun left, LEVI came over to grandma and grandpa's house!! Needless to say, I played some more!!! I had beans and cornbread for dinner and really liked them! Grandpa makes the best cornbread. After dinner, more playing!! We climbed all over Uncle Lawrence and we even found a new door to open on one of grandma's cabinets! Unfortunately, we weren't allowed to play with the glass dishes in the new door!
By 7:30pm I was so tired that I couldn't even keep my head up. Mommy said I was going to stay up until 9:00pm tonight because of daylight savings time, but I just couldn't make it! We came home by 8:00pm, I had a REALLY FAST bath and then I went to bed. I was in bed by 8:20pm! Again, I tell ya, MY DOGS WERE TIRED!!! It was such a great day though. It was worth it!

1 comment:

Carol's Corner said...

Love the title of this post. Heck my dogs would be tired after just one hour with you. You have so much energy. My guess is you probably wear Mommy and Daddy out. They are the ones that probably need to take a nap.