Saturday, February 6, 2010

Nine Point Five

9.5 is a significant number today. It is my shoe size. It is also how much snow the news said my town got yesterday. It snowed and snowed and snowed yesterday. Every time I looked out the window it was snowing. Me and mommy didn't even leave the house one time yesterday. We played with Levi and Evan during the day and then last night me and daddy and mommy all played together until I was pooped out and ready for bed.
Today has been a great day! We started off slow and lazy. I ran around in my pj's, mommy laid on the couch and daddy watched tv with me. We ate donuts with white powdered sugar on them for breakfast and just lounged around. Grandma called me to see what I was doing and so I talked to her for a while about my lazy day.
For lunch we had grilled cheese sandwiches. I think this was the first time I've ever had one and I really enjoyed it! It was so good. It was a sure thing I'd like it though because I LOVE cheese in general!
After lunch mommy got me all bundled up and we headed out to play in the snow. We live really close to the hospital so our streets were pretty clear. Ball State had even plowed all the side walks. Since lots of the snow was gone, daddy said we could go play on the mountains of snow in the parking lot across the street. Good thing it is a Saturday because hardly any cars were to be found! I climbed up mountains of snow. I slid down mountains of snow. I threw snow balls. Daddy pulled me on the sled. Mommy helped me through the really deep places. It was a BLAST! I think this was the most I've ever played in the snow. This might be the most snow we've gotten in my almost 2.5 years, at least this is the most I can remember.
Eventually daddy got really cold and said it was time to go in. I didn't want to, but my cheeks WERE pretty red. Daddy said I could warm up in the bathtub if I wanted. I agreed that a bath would be fun and so I headed back to our place with little arguing!
A warm bath was just what I needed! I sang songs in the shower and played until red cheeks and red legs were back to their normal color! Then it was play time again and now I am smelling some good stuff coming from the kitchen. Mommy is making dinner, daddy went to get a movie for later tonight and I am playing with my baby dolls. It sure has been a good day and I am looking forward to a good night.

1 comment:

Tony said...

Lynley, don't let your dad dogpile you!
Your Aunt Sherry says to tell you she can remember taking your daddy out to play in the snow just like that. It's fun, isn't it?