Saturday, December 6, 2008

Better Than Shopping




























Do you know what is better than shopping at the mall? Riding the Christmas Train at the mall!!! This morning I anticipated it being a long morning of Christmas shopping with my parents. My mommy was going with grandma to one store and then me and daddy were going to meet her at the second store.
WELL, mommy called just a few minutes after she left and changed the plans on daddy. Apparently we were going to meet at the mall instead of the bookstore because something special was going to happen. So daddy got my coat on and my hat on and we headed to the mall. So I was expecting a boring ride in my stroller. Mommy always brings snacks to try and keep me in my stroller, but usually I get tired of the snacks and want to RUN!
Daddy wheeled me through the mall and I began to wonder where mommy was. I just happened to look up and, to my surprise, mommy was standing with Uncle Lawrence, Aunt Sara, Grandma and Pa Filler, and LEVI! I was excited to see everybody and I was SUPER excited when I saw what was happening!
Me and Levi got to ride the Christmas Train!!! Oh it was so fun. I've never been on a train before and this was perfect. I wasn't scared one bit and I stayed sitting in my seat like a big girl. Me and Levi really liked it. We liked it so much that when it stopped, Levi started to tear up and I decided to take the other approach to crying...mad and wanting back in.
So, our parents decided we could ride it TWO TIMES! Oh it was GREAT!!! We got lots of pictures taken and I was telling Levi that maybe we should consider taking a trip together on a train because we are just that good at riding one. I talked to him quite a bit the last time around the track.
After the train we went to see Santa. We made an executive decision with our parents that waiting in line to see the big, red guy wasn't a priority today! We'll write him a letter or something, but we wanted to go to the toy store instead of talking to Santa.
So we walked around the mall together. Well, our parents walked and we rode in our strollers and snacked on cheerios! Then we decided to go have lunch together. We had Eatsa Pizza and we got to play games and more games. Man it was great!!!
I was a bit tuckered by the time we were finished so I didn't get to go to my other cousin's birthday party. That was a bit sad and so I yelled at mommy a little bit when she put me in bed. But I soon realized that she knew what she was talking about because I was so very sleepy! Well, I hope my cousin liked his birthday present from me. I got him a really neat car that changes into a robot!!! Man, you wouldn't believe the toys for OLDER KIDS!!! They are really cool!
Speaking of old, I am 16 months old today. Can you even believe it? I hardly can! And I am fairly certain my parents can't believe it either!




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Loved watching your video riding on the train. Hope You and Levi get another ride on the train before Christmas. Have a Great Weekend!

Candi in Ohio

Carol's Corner said...

All Aboard........
Loved all the pictures and of course the video as usual was great. You are such a busy little girl. You've been such a good girl all year that Santa will be bringing you tons of presents I'm sure.
*Hugs* to you Lynley