Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year!











Somebody said that what you do on New Year's Day is what you will do a lot through out the year. I am just fine with that! I had a wonderful day that could be summed up in a few words: family, play, and chips.
My day started out with some daddy and me time. We let mommy sleep in a little bit and I know she was very happy for that! Not that I understand the whole thing, but there was something about some ball dropping at a very late hour last night and lots of people stayed up to watch it. I think it is a bit ridiculous, but you know there are lots of things that grown ups do that I think is ridiculous!!!
So I had breakfast (cheese and oatmeal) and then we woke mommy up and everybody started getting ready for the day. My Grandma and Grandpa Penticuff came over and told me we were going to have a birthday party for Aunt Emily. Adam and Christy and Emily came and then later Tim came, too. We had a very nice time. Grandpa put together my new desk and chair and I just LOVE the whole thing. I played in my band...that is right...I formed a band and I am the drummer. Seriously people, I can keep a MEAN BEAT! I drummed until I couldn't drum anymore and I just HAD to get a nap.
During my nap everybody said goodbye to Emily and Tim because they are leaving very early in the morning to go back to Texas. It was a tearful bit, so I decided it best to stay in bed...I just hate goodbyes!!!
After my nap we went to Great Grandma and Great Grandpa Filler's house to visit. Cousin Levi was there and we played some. He had to leave before I did because he had to take a little nap. I was upset at first because I didn't get very much time to be with him, but THANKFULLY I found out that he was coming to MY HOUSE!!!
Grandma and Pa Filler, Lawrence, Sara, Patrick and Levi all came over and we ate McDonalds and played. The grown ups played video games and me and Levi played with Pa. Grandma and Pa had to leave and me and Levi decided to be night owls. We stayed up past my bedtime and our parents didn't even make us go to bed!!! Oh man it was FUN TIMES!
See? Doesn't that sound like a great day? I got to see lots of family and I got to play until I couldn't play anymore and I ate lots of chips over the course of the day (but I did eat some chicken and bananas, too). So here is a little video of my best work on the drums. I hope you enjoy my rendition of American Woman!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lynley,
You sure do play those drums well.I'm so glad you and your family had a good Christmas!

Candi in Ohio

Carol's Corner said...

Lynley I loved your video. You can play a mean set of drums....lol. Sounds like your holidays were perfect. Surrounded by friends and family, receiving tons of presents and having some great food. Hope 2009 is a great year for you.