Thursday, January 8, 2009

The Usual

I'm learning that sometimes it is nice to say that I had a usual day and nothing profound happened. That is how this week has been for me. Nothing out of the ordinary (except mommy had the stomach flu...but luckily I still had a blast thanks to grandma, Tabatha, Aunt Ruth, Aunt Clata/Uncle Bob, Levi, the Clark girls, and ESPECIALLY DADDY). As usual, I've avoided near death experiences (like my arm being STUCK in the chair and daddy rescuing me). As usual, I've reminded my parents that I am getting closer to the two-year mark when life will supposedly change as we know it (like throwing a fit in the mall yesterday because I just NEEDED that red stroller that looks like a car). As usual, I know ZERO fear (like when I walked around the church business meeting and didn't even care that mommy and daddy were CLEAR ACROSS THE ROOM and I couldn't even see them). Just some usual days.
So, I thought I'd make you up to date on my vocabulary list these days. I know TONS OF WORDS that I choose not to share with anyone, but sometimes I slip and when others say the words I react like "I'm supposed to," but here are the words I choose to verbalize right now!
"chip" - i love these little things, especially the BBQ kind and especially for breakfast when I can get by with it!
"coke" - cookie and Santa Claus. YES, I do say coke for Santa...but really people, isn't it cute?
"cheese" - an oldie, but necessary goody!
"book" - Since I got Madagascar for Christmas I haven't been reading quite as much, but I hear very soon I have to go a whole day without television...so I'm sure I'll be reading a lot.
"fish" - one of my first words and I still say it daily
"pooh" - Yes, that lovable little guy from Hundred Acre Woods. He is my buddy, and speaking of buddy...let's not forget,
"mo" - my other buddy, whose Christmas special I've watched 3 times since Christmas!
"badabe" - yes, that is baby...I thought it needed just an extra syllable to make is sound even cuter!
"dog" - sometimes I just make a dog sound...but sometimes I pull out all the stops and say DOG
"yeye" - that is Levi....I'M WORKING ON IT PEOPLE!!!
"nana" - banana, I Love This Fruit. Even if I just see it on television I must immediately have one!
"ball" - no explanation needed
"weeeeee" - this generally means something FUN is happening
"bubble" - yep, bubble

Well, this list may leave out a few, but I am hoping you are beginning to see that I am mastering this whole language thing. Of course I know mama, dada (even though I am choosing to call HIM mama, too, right now), pa, etc. I'd say all in all, I'll be talking up a storm in NO TIME FLAT!!!

No comments: