Monday, January 12, 2009

Oh Happy Day




















I had a seriously great day today! The minute I got out of bed mommy said somebody was coming to see me. We went and washed out my eyes (I'll explain later) and changed my diaper and then walked to the living room. At just that moment somebody knocked at my door and it was LEVI!
Levi got to spend the morning with me and mommy. It was so much fun. I was so excited that I couldn't even think about eating breakfast. We played with my kitchen and in my ball pit and we watched a little bit of Madagascar and we danced and all kinds of stuff!!! Mommy even let both of us sit on her lap and we watched videos of the cool stuff we've done on the computer. Our favorite was to watch the Christmas train from the mall.
Grandma Filler came over as soon as her doctor appointment was over. She talked to mommy for a few minutes and watched me and Levi play. I thought everybody was going to stay all day, but before I knew it Grandma was putting Levi's coat on and they were leaving.
Mommy talked to my doctor's office because I've had a little bit of "cold" coming from my eyes the last couple of days and she wanted to see if there was anything she could do for me. Fortunately the doctor said it sounded like just a little infection and he ordered something called eye drops for me. I had no idea what they were but I was sure glad we didn't have to go see the man!!! And mommy said she was sure glad I didn't have pink eyes, whatever that means!!!
So me and mommy continued to play for a bit and I had a little lunch. After I finished eating my tangerines, mommy let me try an OREO COOKIE! Oh it was so good! I ate the white creme in the middle before eating the cookie part. If mommy would have let me, I would have eaten a whole bag of those things...but of course she said, "NO."
After the Oreo I had to take a nap. I didn't really want to go to sleep, but once I did I slept for a couple of hours. When I woke up mommy said we had to try the eye drops. I didn't really care UNTIL she tried to put the drops in my eye. DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA WHAT IT IS LIKE TO HAVE SOMEBODY PUTTING STUFF IN YOUR EYE BALLS?!?!?! I did not like it and I am not okay with it happening 4 times a day for 5 days! I am hoping to convince my parents that it is not acceptable!!!
I soon forgot all about the drops because I got to go to Pa and Grandma Filler's house while mommy went to the church to watch kids play basketball. I had a lot of fun playing in the toy room and I even found a few new toys that I hadn't seen before!!!
Before I knew it mommy was back and we had to go home. Daddy was there and I thought maybe we'd get some play time...but it was too close to bed time. So we put on my pj's. Mommy tried to do the eye drops again while daddy distracted me. I still hated them!!! My parents let me settle down and then it was time for bed. So, the day was awesome because I got to see my cousin, I got to eat an OREO and I got to go see my grandparents! I was bummed that we didn't go to Granny Conner's house again this Monday...but she isn't feeling very well. Hopefully next Monday we'll be able to go back! CHECK OUT MY OREO FACE!!!!!

1 comment:

Carol's Corner said...

Hey...can't say I blame you for not liking the eye drops. I'm just a little (ok a lot) older then you and I HATE eye drops. Loved your oreo face....I too eat the inside before I eat the cookie part. Wait till you get to dip them in milk first....yummy.