Sunday, August 8, 2010

Lions and Tigers and....LLAMAS???











Saturday morning I got ready for an adventure with Grandpa Dave, Grandma Donna and mommy. We headed to the Indianapolis to check out the Indiana State Fair. I had a really great time seeing animals, riding rides (and a big train) and getting some hands on experience "driving" a bus, playing in corn and soybeans and doing lots of walking!!
It was a little warm out, but I really enjoyed walking through the barns checking out the llamas, horses, goats/sheep, rabbits, chickens and cows. I was not so excited about the pigs!! You would NOT believe what those pigs do!! They "poop on the floor instead of going to the potty." (This is a direct quote from me.)
I think maybe next year me and Grandpa Dave will get our own llama and show it in the fair. It will have to live with Grandpa Dave, but I will sure help feed it and brush it! Grandpa will probably have to take care of the other things involved in raising a llama, but I think it sounds like a GRAND idea!!
We spent several hours checking out all the fair had to offer, including the semi truck ride that I VERY MUCH enjoyed! I got to make a t-shirt in one of the buildings and I had some really great chocolate in another building.
It was a fabulous adventure that ended with me sleeping VERY WELL Saturday night!!

No comments: