Tuesday, August 31, 2010

______________ is Cool!

Guess what is so very cool??? MY NEW SCHOOL! That is right, this is the big week for me. Today I went with mommy and daddy to see my new school and meet my teachers and see my classroom!! It was so great!
I was super excited this morning. I knew last night when I went to bed that today was the day, so I got up really early at 6:00am today! I played with my cousins and then picked out my outfit for the big meet and greet. Then I even let mommy put pretties in my hair without pitching a fit (which I usually do). Then I told her I wanted a clip in my hair, too so I would have "big girl hair."
Me and my parents walked into my school and I already knew it was the place for me. I was ready to take off for my classroom before mommy and daddy even finished their paper work!
Finally they finished all the grown-up stuff and we headed to my class! I met a girl named Miss Katie who helped me make a balloon for the bulletin board and she showed me my very own cubbie where I will put my bag every day. Then I got to play with lots of cool toys while mommy and daddy did some more grown-up talk. Apparently they figured out what party mommy would help with this year and also picked a special day just for me when I get to be the line leader and all kinds of other special stuff.
I got to meet a frog (stuffed) named FLASH. I hear that he will get to come home with me sometime and play with me. I am just so excited about this whole school thing. SO EXCITED, in fact, that I did NOT want to leave today!
Mommy and daddy let me play for a while. I played some by myself and then I played with a couple of other kids who were there with their mommy and daddy. Oh, and I have to tell you that MY PARENTS were the goofy ones with the camera!! Thank goodness they didn't embarrass me too much. They only took a couple of pictures.
So I've seen my room, I know my teacher's name is Mrs. Todd and her helper is Miss Jamie and I already know my way from the big doors to my room. I am ALL SET TO GO!!!
I know I am ready....I kind of wonder if my mommy is yet. I heard she teared up when the director was talking about taking field trips!!! I just have to remind her that I am growing up in front of her eyes!
I can't wait until THURSDAY when I get to go to school and stay!







No comments: