Sunday, October 12, 2008

Rounding Out the Weekend

The rest of my weekend has been as exciting as Friday! Yesterday I stayed in my pj's all morning and played with mommy and daddy. Great-great Aunt Clata and Great-great Uncle Bob stopped by and saw me running around outside in my pj's while I was carrying my pumpkin. They stopped and talked to me for a few minutes. Then Grandma and Pa Filler stopped by to bring me a present! They brought me some very pretty fall clothes. I was particularly taken with a pink dress that pa picked out. I carried it around for a while. Mom says I can wear it as soon as we need long sleeves. After all that excitement I took a nap and then headed to Marion to play at Grandma and Grandpa Penticuff's house!
Uncle Adam and Christy's cat was there when I walked in and, you won't believe it, but she LIKES ME! She doesn't run away like most cats! I did a really good job petting her and leaving her tail alone. She stayed close to me most of the night. I only had a few seconds when she upset me. I was playing with grandpa's golf balls and she had one and I said, "NOOO" and took the ball back. Mommy and daddy laughed at me but I meant business!
We had a really good dinner, but the grown-ups ate way more than I did. I was just too busy having fun to sit and eat for very long. I played with the basketball, the golf balls, the teddy bears and the pine cones. I also really enjoyed the pans and wooden spoon. It was soooo much fun. THEN grandpa showed me how to use a whistle!!!!! I did a great job making noise with it! I got to bring it home with me, too!!!!
We stayed until it was time to come home and get ready for bed. I stayed awake all the way home, thanks to daddy. Mommy didn't have faith in us that I wouldn't sleep, but daddy made sure I was entertained the whole way home. We listened to some Sugarland and bopped our heads. I gave daddy fives and we ate cookies. Then daddy started turning on the overhead light in the car. I didn't even know we had one of those!!!
Anyway, I stayed awake until we got home and then I went right to bed!!!!!!!! Today was church day, so I got to go play in the nursery. For lunch I had Eatsa Pizza and played lots of games. I won over 100 tickets!!!! We're saving all my tickets for something big! Grandpa Filler helped me play the games today and we did a great job!!!
I had another nap after lunch and then we headed back to church for more fun in the nursery. When we got home I had some dinner with mommy and then it was bed time. I went right to sleep because mommy reminded me that tomorrow is Granny's Conner day and we haven't been able to go for a while because mommy was sick! I can't wait to go play tomorrow!!!

2 comments:

Carol's Corner said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Carol's Corner said...

Oh my goodness Lynley you are a busy girl. I'd never be able to keep up with you. I would have fallen asleep on the way home despite the overhead light...xoxo