Saturday, July 5, 2008

Extended 4th of July




Well I could get used to having holidays 2 days in a row! After a great 4th of July yesterday, I got to have ANOTHER 4th today on the 5th!!!! I don't even know where to begin. Me and mommy and daddy went over to Uncle Greg and Aunt Debbie's house. They have a new kitchen and it sure is pretty. I watched Uncle Greg while he touched up some paint before everybody got there. Then I got to put my feet in their pool. I wasn't going to swim today because it was so cold in the water, but I really liked having my feet in there so daddy came home and got my suit!
I swam for a while and then I got a warm towel and sat out by the pool with Grandma Penticuff. WE ate some cheese and crackers and talked to everybody while the young pups were in the pool. (Well, mom and dad aren't young pups...but everybody else in the pool was a young pup.)
Well, after swimming and eating we came home so I could take a nap. I was so tired that I fell asleep right when we got in the car. I slept a couple of hours and then mommy and daddy woke me up. I changed clothes and then we headed to Great Grandpa and Great Grandma Sorrell's house. We had a great dinner. I had beans, corn and strawberries. I played with my cousin Alex and watched the big kids.
You won't believe how late I was up! I was trying really hard to stay awake for fireworks. They started about 9:45pm, and I laid my head on mommy and watched some. I did well and only jumped a few times at the noise. For the most part I loved it...I was just way tired!!! I cried most of the way home just so my parents understood that I was way tired!!! We came and daddy got me ready for bed and mommy rocked me. It was 11:00pm the last time I looked at the clock!!!!!!!!! Here a few pics! The one of me looking way tired cracks me up!




1 comment:

Carol's Corner said...

Lynley the pictures are so cute. Your face is all scrunched up like you smell something nasty. I chuckled at the pictures.