Monday, July 14, 2008

Growing Up is Hard...But There ARE perks!



Yesterday was a great Sunday. I got to go to the nursery in the morning and at night to play with all my friends. Caleb even fixed my hair when it was "messed up." I was so glad cause I didn't even know I had enough hair to be messed up!
I got to play with daddy a bunch because mommy had a meeting ALL afternoon!!! Thank goodness she was home after my nap, I thought she was gone forever. Me and daddy had wrestle mania when he tried to put on my shoes. These are my play shoes...so my mommy calls them...and I don't like them. Mom tried to feed me some line about growing up means wearing shoes, but I'm pretty sure there is some place in the world where even grown ups don't have to wear them. I'm looking to get a passport and move to one of those places!!!!
Today is Monday and that meant we got to go to Granny Conner's house! She had the place all ready when we got there. All the doors were shut to the rooms I can't go in and the bench was in front of the television because I like to get under it and play. She was fast today! Usually I get one good NO NO before they get it all Lynley-proofed!
I played for a bit but I was really missing my partner in crime, a.k.a. LEVI! Just about the time I had forgotten all the stuff I could get into, HE CAME IN!!! YEAH...Lynley and Levi...going places no other baby has gone...but still not being able to get into the closed doors!
We did go play in granny's bedroom and found the cat! AND we found the OTHER side of the television has a secret place to get around the back of it to the wires!!! I bet next week it will be covered up, too, because of the way our mommies responded!
You'll never guess what we discovered for the very first time! GRANNY HAS AN ORGAN IN HER LIVING ROOM. All these months we've been crawling under it, but today we could see over the top and found keys. Granny turned it on and we got to play some tunes!!! WOOWEE, I bet we would have never known it was there if we weren't growing so fast that we could actually SEE WHAT WAS UP THERE!!!! After that we left NO TABLE unturned. I just had to know what else was in the living room that I hadn't seen before.
Man, it has been a busy day already. I'm ready for a nap and then we'll have dinner with daddy. I hear this will be a pretty low-key night, whatever that means....We'll see. Enjoy the pictures of me not liking my shoes and Lynley & Levi the Master Musicians!!!

1 comment:

Carol's Corner said...

Wow is there anything you can't do? Now you and Levi are playing the Organ. I agree with you about shoes. They should be optional.......