Sunday, August 10, 2008

You Know How It Is




You know how it is...you turn one, you are feeling pretty great about life, you are walking around and getting into everything...and then BAM, shots. That is right...you go to the doctor and they give you shots. Chicken Pox shots, MMR shots, Hepatitis shots...Man, enough of the shots!!! All I can tell you is that me and mommy have been seriously busy since my birthday.
Wednesday I turned the big 1, Thursday I went to the state fair with mommy, my Aunt Emily and Grandma Penticuff. Friday I went to the doctor's office and got shots, Saturday I had an "episode" due to shots (some call it crankiness..I call it an episode). Today was church and it was a full day. Church and Sunday School, lunch at Wendy's, nap, mommy's meeting, and church again. Then we watered Aunt Clata's flowers and headed home for dinner, bath and bed.
I asked mommy today when life was going to be back to normal and she didn't really have a great answer for me. Man, Aunt Sara and Levi have been super busy, too. I did finally get to see him this weekend and I told him to ask his mommy when things were going to get back to normal for them, too. I don't know his answer yet, but I bet it is about like my mommy's answer!!!
Just to give you the 4-1-1...I had a great time at the state fair. I saw pigs and sheep and mules and horses and bunnies and chickens and roosters and balloons and lots of people. I'm gonna have to go check out Hadley's farm one of these days because I really did like the pigs and her daddy takes care of LOTS of them. The bunnies were cool, but not as cool as cats because cats have long tails to chase.
I also LOVE THE OLYMPICS! Yesterday I stopped everything, sat on the floor with my snack and watched volleyball. I said, "BALL" about 100 times and watched team USA play. Mommy said I really looked like a little person. I'm not so interested in swimming yet, but I did watch a little of the gymnastics. Mommy says I can try that one of these days and I said I already do when I dive bomb in my crib.
I promise to try and write more this week!!! We've been slacking BIG TIME! I'll try to do much better.

1 comment:

Carol's Corner said...

What a busy girl you are, I thought when you turned one that you would begin to slow down. By the pictures I guess you can't be called "Little One" anymore but instead you are "Little Cutie". I agree with you, I too like bunnies and Cat's but unlike you I don't pull their tails...lol.